Aaah I’M SORRY, I totally forgot to update that link… forgive meee -cling- D: <3
sorry if people aren’t familiar with my characters ahahhh i don’t really have an OC list either but my deviantart is zeroxtb if you wanna give this a shot
i have ideal voices and such but i’ve sometimes wondered if my characters sound different in other people’s heads
Oooh actually I’d like to see who you guys think I should cast as my ocs, too (if I had the chance and money or what not)!
Another character thing to go along with yesterday’s (that I’m still finishing up). That anon got me kind of curious about how my guys sound to you guys. provide links if you want too
o-oh this is fun ahaha, let me know guys!
oh this seems interesting! give it a shot? :)
- Ezra is colorblind. Specifically, he has a hard time with the colors red and green. So he has to rely on careful organization to cope with daily tasks. For instance, his clothing are organized by color (though generally he prefers to just avoid those tricky hues altogether). Fruits are labeled: red apples or green apples, limes or oranges? And he has learned to time things like… the ripeness of bananas and tomatoes, and the cooking of red meat. Other tasks are easier; for instance, stoplights have the red light on top, the green at the bottom. It’s mostly minor stuff, but it does require some attention to detail.
- While we’re talking about visual deficiencies! One symptom of Morana’s undeath has affected her eyes in such a way that her pupils are always rather constricted. They do not dilate easily. Because of this, she has a hard time seeing in the dark. It’s quite unfortunate, but at least she has her tummy to provide illumination… and she can summon a brighter light when necessary!
- Ezekiel’s favorite haunting spots are large libraries, and very old houses; these tend to be calm places, good for exploring, with dusty nooks to hide in, and a lot of built up ~energy fields.
- The relationship between Pearl and Peter is an unusual one. I describe them as twins — indeed, they too would describe themselves as twins if asked — but that is only to avoid a longer explanation. In a sense, Pearl and Peter are parts of one singular entity. This does not detract from their existence as whole individuals, but their souls are just connected in that way, they flow into each other. It’s how they were created from the start. For this reason, they might seem almost disturbingly close to people who are given the ‘twin’ explanation. But I suppose their relationship just isn’t something that can be defined in human terms!
- Kumis is a sweet gal, but admittedly she is a bit of a brat. She’s very used to getting her way. After all, she was raised throughout her life being told she was of central importance; as an oracle of her poi, she had a high status that won’t be matched once she comes to Ale’s castle. It’ll take some getting used to, being treated like a normal person, and the first time she realizes her words aren’t being regarded as the center of attention will be something of a shock to her. Mostly this won’t be much of a problem, and she’ll try to adjust… but she’ll have her moments nonetheless!
- Qamar doesn’t have a name, and doesn’t see much use for one. The little spirit harbors an identity in moonbeams and shadows, and the mere experience of sentience is enough for self-awareness. “I think, therefore I am” without need of a word to refer to oneself. Of course, it’s easier to call them Qamar anyway.
- Anthony’s gender identity is difficult to pin down. Generally he’ll accept male pronouns, but it varies overall. I suppose he’d be considered genderqueer. In any case, he’s quick to point out which pronouns he prefers at any given time.
- Bernadette is a skilled pianist, and during her lifetime she would occasionally have work as a piano instructor; in fact, she met her first love interest in this manner: a piano student named Regina.
- Not that she cared much about them to begin with, but over the centuries, Morana has really lost track of basic social norms and manners. For a while, this will result in her trying to compensate by trying to be extra hospitable and proper… sort of on her best behavior~ But she’ll find it frustrating dealing with Tucker at first, and will be annoyed at not being able to lounge around in her undies, leaving tea messes everywhere, picking her nose, and generally being rude and gross and messy. Ultimately, of course, she’ll be happy for the company. Will just be quite a change!
- Traces of magic run sporadically through Coraline’s family, and she is the first in quite some time to exhibit such traits. Her abilities are rather mild, though, and she really doesn’t know how to exercise any of them… but she has the makings of being a proper medium someday. Unfortunately, she has quite a few obstacles standing in her way! The main one being her disorder, and the physical and emotional damage it has caused to her. It will be quite some time before her life sees improvements in that regard. She’ll never be fully rid of her schizophrenia, of course. In any case, as she grows and develops her skills, her first goal will be to lay to rest the various spirits in the old house she inherited from Hester (another skilled medium, who bequeathed the building to her in the first place).
- Over the centuries, Acedia has come to lose all the hair on his body. Being a vampire, he is unable to grow it back. While he is content being totally bald, he does rather miss his fluffy tail…
- The disappointment Ezekiel felt upon dying and not winding up in heaven borders on the traumatic. Much of his afterlife has been spent coping with the fact of being dead, and the repercussions this has had on his past belief system; only recently is he sort of coming to terms with it all. Meeting Pez helped, at least! It certainly helped in the sense that he can actually enjoy himself now. But as a ghost, he has much to learn. Spirits of deceased individuals tend to start off as weak, feeble things, that quickly pass on or fade away; should they manage to remain in this realm, however, they gain much strength over time. This can be manifested in various ghostly abilities such as: flight, possession of inanimate objects, weak illusion work, etc.
- Abel can in fact turn his head 270 degrees. It’s creepy and totally not kawaii :(
- While he doesn’t pursue it as anything other than an occasional hobby, Spencer can draw. His drawing is pretty generic and anime, but he doesn’t mind at all. Nicki finds it amusing though.
- Ezekiel’s daemon/patronus/what-have-you is a golden eagle. Anthony’s is, fittingly enough, an opossum.
- Nicki’s parents are prolific scientists, spending much time traveling, researching, attending conferences, and other science-y things. He doesn’t see them much.
- The circumstances of Morana’s death involved some rather powerful ritual magic, far more intense than any of the parties involved anticipated. Needless to say, things got out of hand, which directly caused the current condition of her land (whose pattern of movement follows the millenia-long journey of an ancient demon). However, sheer dumb luck is what caused her to land in just the proper circumstances for a small flame of magic to settle within her body. This powerful force is the reason for her being ‘alive’ to this day (‘undead’ would be a better term). Even so, the flame’s joining with her body was not a stable process. The fire is harsh and uncontrolled, and very draining on her body; hence her constant symptoms of illness, which, for the time being, she’ll simply have to put up with.
- The surest way of distinguishing Alice, even when she is disguised, is by her distinctive voice. This is one of the only aspects she is unable to change, and the only one she absolutely cannot mask on her own. (While she is incapable of changing her eyes, she can hide them, replacing them with fake eye-like structures). Perhaps this is partly the reason she was attracted to Anthony in the first place; his talents of mimicry seem useful to her. She likes to be creepy and morph herself into a thin, body-covering, person-shaped suit, in which Anthony can hide and speak through. Teamwork!